Travel Expense Reimbursement - Delaware CPA

Trustee Travel Expense Reimbursements

Traveling Outside State Lines Requires Staying in Line with the Travel Expense Reimbursement Rules. Taft-Hartley plan trustees must stay up to date on the most recent rules and regulations regarding plan administration.

Employee Benefit Plan Bonding & Fiduciary Liability Insurance

Posted by Michael E. Mast, CPA The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) section 412 requires plans to obtain an ERISA bond equal to the greater of $1,000 or 10% of the plan’s beginning of year plan assets, with a $500,000 maximum. In addition, if the plan assets include employer stock, then the maximum bond required is $1,000,000 (except in … Continued

Tax Filing Requirements for Voluntary Employee Benefit Association Trusts

Posted by Michael Mast, CPA Disclaimer: All blog posts are valid as of the date published. Voluntary Employee Benefit Association (VEBA) Trusts meet requirements to file both Form 5500 and Form 990. This requirement to file two returns made me question why other collectively-bargained benefit plans, such as the Pension, Annuity Funds, as well as 403(b) or 401(k) plans, are … Continued