Christopher J. Ciminera, CPA, QKA
MANAGER – Accounting & Auditing
Employee Benefit and Retirement Plan Audit Services
Chris is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) Audit Section where he specializes in auditing employee benefit plans of for-profit, nonprofit and governmental entities and preparation of the Form 5500. Chris also regularly helps in the final bankruptcy audits of employee benefit plans taken over by a Chapter 7 Trustee. The experience gained in working on EBP Audits has helped Chris to assist clients with navigating the complex process. Chris also has experience in auditing nonprofit entities. Through his diligence and willingness, Chris excels at producing an exceptional overall experience for the client through the EBP process.
Chris is a key contributor to the firm’s employee benefit audit blog – The Art of the Qualified Plan Audit and nonprofit blog – The Belfint Nonprofit Ledger, many of which have been published by The National Institute of Pension Administrators in its newsletters.
Chris is responsible for scheduling engagements for the accounting and auditing department. This role is vital to the department’s ability to provide quality client service in a prompt and efficient manner. He is also in the process of obtaining his ASPPA QKA (Qualified 401(k) Administrator) designation.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- ASPPA Benefits Council of Greater Philadelphia
- Penjerdel Employee Benefits and Compensation Association
- Toastmasters International – Member
Education & Certifications
- West Chester University – Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting
- AICPA Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certification
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA)
- Member of the Surfrider Foundation whose mission is the protection of oceans, waves and beaches